New people, regular trip participants and family & friends are all invited to a relaxing social day at Lane Cove River. This is an excellent opportunity to meet and socialise during a busy spring and summer filled with hiking and camping trips and outdoor adventures. Lane Cove River is a great spot to enjoy an easy bushwalk, bike ride or take a paddle on the river.
We've reserved Carter Creek picnic area, which can accommodate 200 people with parking for 50 cars. This large grassy area has gas/electric BBQs, drinking water, covered picnic tables, flushing toilets and access to all of the park's features and activities.
Vehicle: $7.00 (up to 8 passengers) or annual vehicle pass.
- Cook up a feast on the BBQ.
- Various walking paths and trails.
- Hire a boat or bring your canoe or kayak.
- Bring your bicycle, or hire one and enjoy the park by road and pathway.
- Relax with other Hike Out members and chat about future trips and ideas.
- Bring a ball game or kite and take advantage of the large grassy picnic area.
- See some of the gear and equipment that participants use and chat about what things you need for Hike Out trips.
- Bring your camera for some wonderful flora and fauna opportunities within the park.
Carter Creek Picnic Area (Site 9), Lane Cove National Park, Riverside Drive, off Delhi Road, Chatswood West NSW 2067.
By vehicle: To the park entrance on Delhi Road, then follow Riverside Drive on the south bank of the river to Carter Creek (Site 9). See this Google Map for directions from Sydney: https://goo.gl/maps/9lehv
Arrange car-pooling with other Hike Out participants. A full car equals a shared park entry fee, a better environment and available parking space when you arrive.
By public transport: Train to Chatswood Station then State Transit Bus 545 Chatswood to Parramatta service. Alight at Delhi Road near River Avenue, Chatswood West (Stop 205766). At the end of the day, get a lift back to Chatswood station or beyond with your new Hike Out friends.
Lunch to cook on the BBQ and your famous salad, dessert or snack to share with others. Bring all the usual picnic gear including crockery, cutlery and food prep. Extra things to bring might include a camera, towel, picnic blanket, ball game, comfy chair, hat, sunscreen and some pictures of past trips and events to show around.
Being a national park, unfortunately domestic animals aren’t able to attend.
Please manage your RSVP so that it is clear if you will participate and how many people will join you. If you can not attend, please update your RSVP. Use one of these methods:
- Website - Read the full event description and then email Rick.
- Facebook - Read the full event description and RSVP to the Facebook event.
- Meetup com - Read the full event description and RSVP to the Meeetup event.
Please email Rick to mention how many people will join you if your RSVP will cover a number of people.
Lane Cove National Park: http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/lane-cove-national-park
Carter Creek Picnic Area: http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/lane-cove-national-park/carter-creek-picnic-area/picnic-bbq
Boat Shed: http://www.lanecoveboatshed.com.au/
Make a weekend of it and stay nearby. Follow this link for campsites and accommodation http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/lane-cove-national-park/lane-cove-river-tourist-park/camping
Contact Rick for more information and please also invite your friends to this event. Look forward to seeing you there :)