A full day in kayaks, exploring the bays and beaches of Port Hacking.
This trip will suit people with good fitness and some upper body strength. Starting and finishing at Bundeena, we plan to paddle at least 12 kilometres over the day. Contact Rick to ask about a spot including kayak hire, or one where you bring your own gear. No paddling experience is required, however all participants must be able to swim and be in reasonably fit condition.
We’ll keep a fluid plan, but we've discussed heading toward Audley with options to explore South West Arm, Warrumbul and perhaps even Swallow Rock Reserve. Whatever happens, there's plenty of options for a great day on the water.
Travel to meet the Hike Out crew at Bonnie Vale Picnic Area in Bundeena. Save on park entry fees by meeting other participants and car-pooling into the national park. See this Google map.
- With gear hire - $60.00 per person - Limit of 10 people
- BYO gear- $5.00 per person - Limit of 5 people
- Vehicle - $11.00 day or appropriate NPWS annual pass.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- Read through this complete event description.
- Contact Rick by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about availability and request payment info. We have 4 single and 3 double kayaks and additional spots for 5 people with their own gear. The maximum number of participants is 15.
- If the booking you’d like is available, make payment and receive your booking confirmation.
- Travel to meet the group at 8:30am on Saturday morning at Bonnie Vale.
- Let someone know your plans and when you expect to be back.
- Bring food, water and clothing considering;
- Plenty of fresh drinking water. 3-4 litres
- Food, including lunch supplies and snacks
- Hat, sunglasses, towel, change of clothes and sunscreen
- Swimming costume
- Camera (waterproof)
- Large plastic bag or dry-bag to keep your stuff dry
It is up to each participant to be fully prepared, on time and ready for this trip. We participate as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this activity.
Availability will be assessed in the order that email is received. To give other Hike Out community members a chance to participate, please limit your request to 1 or 2 people. Putting your name on a social media list or clicking yes on an event page does not confirm participation. Sending an email to email@example.com is the way to express your interest in participating.