Hiking and camping along the Coast Track including an evening with the full moon at North Era beach.
This trip will suit fit people with good hiking and pack-camping gear who have prepared by doing some long walk training. Limited to 30 participants, the trip involves hiking 27 kilometres over 2 days and pack-camping on Saturday night at North Era. We'll meet at Cronulla and catch the ferry to Bundeena, then on Sunday, walk out to Otford train station.
We hike along cliffs, beaches and escarpments and enjoy ocean views and the magnificent beauty of Royal National Park's coastline. The walk passes swimming beaches including Little Marley, Wattamolla, North Era, Garie and Burning Palms.
There is a full moon on the evening of Saturday December 6th and we anticipate great views over the Tasman Sea from our beachside campground and the surrounding cliffs.
Bring plenty of drinking water! There are no guaranteed water sources along the route and conditions could be hot. You need water treatment gear for any water you do find. All supplies must be carried in our packs and the campground is a fuel-stove only area.
Travel and meet the Hike Out crew at Cronulla train station at 9:15am sharp on Saturday morning, then walk together to catch the Bundeena ferry departing at 9:30am.
$15.00 each person.
Includes $5.00 camping fee paid to NPWS on your behalf, Bundeena Ferry fare and a modest donation toward Hike Out administration.
Extras - Train and other travel and spending money.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- Read through this complete event description.
- Contact Rick by email at email@example.com to ask about availability and request payment details.
- If space is available, make payment and receive your booking confirmation.
- Travel to meet the group at 9:15am sharp on Saturday morning at Cronulla.
- Have all supplies and equipment in your backpack, including;
- Plenty of drinking water
- Warm and waterproof clothing
- Variety of other clothing for various conditions
- Tent, sleeping mat and good sleeping bag
- Food for 2 days/1 night, cooking gear, utensils and fuel
- Water filtration/treatment equipment
- Supplies for making hot drinks
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent
- Swimmers and small towel
- Map, compass, GPS, PLB, first aid, camera and all the stuff you usually take on a multi-day hike.
- Let someone know your plans and when you expect to be back.
It is up to each participant to be fully prepared, on time and ready for this trip. We participate as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this activity.
Availability will be assessed in the order that email is received. To give Hike Out community members a chance to participate, please limit your request to 1 or 2 people. Putting your name on a social media list or event page does not confirm participation. Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org is the way to express your interest in participating.
1. Wildwalks - Coast Track
2. Bushwalking NSW - Coast Track
3. NPWS - Royal National Park
4. NPWS - North Era Campground
5. Flickr Images - Royal National Park