Spend 3 days hiking and pack camping along the Six Foot Track from Jenolan Caves to Katoomba in the Blue Mountains.
This adventure is ideal for well equipped, fit people who have been walking with their pack in preparation and remembered to pack their winter woolies. We hike 45 kilometres over 3 days and camp for two nights.There are some steep grades to walk and we carry all supplies in our packs.
Meet at Katoomba on Friday morning and catch the 10:35am bus to Jenolan Caves. On Sunday afternoon, return to Katoomba on foot after completing the entire length of this famous walk!
See the links below for a thorough description, pictures, maps and personal account of the Six Foot Track hike.
Bus - $45.00 each person - Katoomba to Jenolan Caves
No camping or park use fees
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- Have all of Friday free and clear
- Book a one-way journey on the bus: http://www.trolleytours.com.au/jenolan-caves-tours
- Be at Katoomba to catch the 10:35am bus
- Have all supplies and equipment in your backpack, including:
- Warm and waterproof clothing for winter mountain conditions
- Tent, sleeping mat and good sleeping bag
- Food for 3 days/2 nights, cooking gear, utensils and fuel
- Water and water filtration/treatment equipment
- Supplies for making hot drinks
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent and a variety of clothing
- Map, compass, GPS, PLB, first aid, camera and all the stuff you usually take on a multi-day hike.
- Contact Rick to let him know that you will attend and discuss any concerns regarding fitness or equipment.
- Let someone know your plans and when you expect to be back.
Friday Night: Black Range Campground
Saturday Night: Coxs River Campground
It is up to each of us to be fully prepared for the hike. We walk as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity.
(We will walk from Jenolan Caves to Katoomba. Some resources describe the walk in the opposite direction)
NSW Gov Site: http://www.lpma.nsw.gov.au/about_recreation/walking_tracks/six_foot_track
Blog of walk in 3 parts: http://www.greeniesgonebush.com/2010/08/six-foot-track-jenolan-to-black-range.html
Contact Rick to join this adventure and to ask questions and collect information or see the event page and discussion on Facebook