Mountain bike ride from Faulconbridge Train Station to Faulconbridge Point and return with panoramic views across the Grose Valley.
This ride totals 22 km and will suit people with good fitness and a well maintained mountain bike who have ridden a similar distance recently. We’ll take a lunch break at Faulconbridge Point with wonderful views around the Grose Valley. We depart on bikes at 11:00am sharp.
See links below for trip notes, pictures and maps of previous rides to Faulconbridge Point.
No park use fees
Meet at Faulconbridge in the vehicle car park on the corner of Great Western Highway and Railway Avenue. Train passengers cross over Great Western Highway using the pedestrian over-bridge.
See this google map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zaTNRSx1UXBA.k6VpE09jl2z4
The 9:18am train from Central arrives at Faulconbridge at 10:44am. In the afternoon, trains depart for Sydney on the hour.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- Be at Faulconbridge ready to depart on bikes at 11:00am sharp.
- Have all supplies and equipment in your backpack, including;
- Plenty of fresh drinking water
- Lunch and snacks
- Spare tube, puncture repair kit, bike tools etc
- Spare warm clothes
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent
- GPS, first aid, camera and any stuff you usually take on mountain bike ride
- Contact Rick to let him know that you will attend and discuss any concerns regarding fitness or equipment.
- Let someone know your plans and when you expect to be back.
It is up to each person to be fully prepared, on time and ready to ride. We cycle as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We look out for eachother and are focused on everyone having a safe and enjoyable day.
The Fat Hippy: http://www.users.on.net/~fathers/faulc_pt.htm
This event is planned for members of Hike Out, the friendly, diverse and inclusive community of outdoor enthusiasts where everyone is always welcome. Find out more at http://www.hikeout.org
2. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/638155232919485/