An enjoyable late winter weekend hiking and camping along Starlights Trail in Nattai National Park.
This adventure will suit well equipped, fit people who have been walking with their pack in preparation. With plenty of warm winter gear, we hike at least 16 kilometres over 2 days and camp for one night. The adventure is medium difficulty as this on-track walk involves steep descents and climbs and we carry all supplies and equipment in our packs. We'll select one of the gorgeous riverside flats to enjoy our evening's camp.
Meet in Mittagong to depart at 10:00am and carpool to the NPWS Wattle Ridge carpark near Hill Top where our walk begins. The 7:24am Central train (change at Campbelltown) arrives Mittagong at 9:42am. Please pre-arrange for a space in the car-pool if travelling by train. There are no shops or supplies available at or around the NPWS carpark.
See the links below for further information and details of previous adventures into Nattai National Park.
No camping or park use fees
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- Be at Mittagong ready to depart at 10:00am sharp.
- Have all supplies and equipment in your backpack, including:
- Warm and waterproof clothing for winter mountain conditions
- Tent, sleeping mat and good sleeping bag
- Food for 2 days/1 night, cooking gear, utensils and fuel
- Water and water filtration/treatment equipment
- Supplies for making hot drinks
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent and a variety of clothing
- Map, compass, GPS, PLB, first aid, camera and all the stuff you usually take on a multi-day hike.
- Contact Rick to let him know that you will attend and discuss any concerns regarding fitness or equipment.
- Let someone know your plans and when you expect to be back.
Saturday Night: Emmetts Flat or nearby
It is up to each person to be fully prepared, on time and ready to hike. We walk as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We watch out for eachother and we are focused on everyone having a safe and enjoyable trip.
NPWS Nattai National Park: http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/nattai-national-park