Mountain bike ride from Wisemans Ferry including a challenging climb into Parr State Conservation Area and lunch at St Albans.
This is a substantial loop ride totaling about 50km. There is a mix of fire trail and quiet road cycling with some steep ascents and descents, sandy sections and a creek crossing. It will suit people with good fitness and a well maintained mountain bike who have ridden a similar distance recently. We’ll stop for lunch at Settlers Arms Inn at St Albans before returning to Wisemans Ferry via Settlers Road. The planned route involves 2 different ferry crossings. We depart on bikes at 10:00am sharp.
More detail about the ride is available in the Traliflix link below.
- No park use or ferry crossing fees.
- Money for lunch.
Meet near the service station at 5558 Old Northern Road, Wisemans Ferry NSW 2775
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- Be at Wisemans Ferry ready to depart on bikes at 10:00am sharp.
- Have all supplies and equipment in your backpack, including:
- Plenty of fresh drinking water
- Snacks and lunch if not buying at St Albans
- Spare tube, puncture repair kit, bike tools etc
- Spare warm clothes
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent
- GPS, first aid, camera and any stuff you usually take on mountain bike ride
- Contact Rick to let him know that you will attend and discuss any concerns regarding fitness or equipment.
- Let someone know your plans and when you expect to be back.
It is up to each person to be fully prepared, on time and ready to ride. We cycle as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We look out for eachother and we are focused on everyone having a safe and enjoyable day.
Settlers Arms Inn: http://www.settlersarms.com.au/