Mountain bike ride from Wisemans Ferry with a challenging climb into Dharug National Park along the historic Great North Road, lunch break at Clare’s Bridge and return via Western Commission Track.
This is a substantial loop ride totalling about 40km. We cycle mainly on gated fire trail with small sections of quiet road cycling. There are steep ascents and descents and sandy sections along the route. This ride will suit people with good fitness and a well maintained mountain bike who have ridden a similar distance recently. Bring lunch supplies for a break at Clares Bridge before returning to Wisemans Ferry via Western Commission Track. The planned route involves crossing the Hawkesbury River by car ferry and we depart on bikes at 10:00am sharp.
More detail about the ride is available in the Traliflix link below.
- No park use or ferry crossing fees.
Meet near the service station at 5558 Old Northern Road, Wisemans Ferry NSW 2775
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- Be at Wisemans Ferry ready to depart on bikes at 10:00am sharp.
- Have all supplies and equipment in your backpack, including:
- Plenty of fresh drinking water
- Snacks and lunch (no shops once out of Wisemans Ferry)
- Spare tube, puncture repair kit, bike tools etc
- Spare warm clothes
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent
- GPS, first aid, camera and any stuff you usually take on mountain bike ride
- Contact Rick to let him know that you will attend and discuss any concerns regarding fitness or equipment. Mention any existing medical conditions like asthma, allergies or diabetes before the ride day.
- Let someone know your plans and when you expect to be back.
It is up to each person to be fully prepared, on time and ready to ride. We cycle as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We look out for eachother and we are focused on everyone having a safe and enjoyable day.
NPWS - Dharug NP:
Great North Road: