Classic mountain bike track from Woodford to Glenbrook in the Blue Mountains.
Join a 28 kilometre cycle between Woodford and Glenbrook in the Blue Mountains National Park on gated fire trail with sections of singletrack. There is a steep technical section with options to bypass the most difficult obstacles and then a steep climb on paved road to complete the ride at Glenbrook. This event will suit people with good fitness and a well maintained mountain bike who have ridden a similar distance recently. Bring lunch supplies, plenty of fresh water and snacks.
Travel to meet the group at Woodford Station ready to depart on cycles at 10:00am sharp. The train departing Central at 8:18am stops at Glenbrook at 9:24am and continues on to Woodford arriving at 9:53am.
More detail about the Oaks Trail in the links below.
- No park use fee for cyclists.
- Train fares
Woodford Station ready to depart at 10:00am
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- Be at Woodford Train Station ready to depart on bikes at 10:00am sharp.
- Contact Rick to let him know that you will attend and discuss any concerns regarding fitness or equipment. Mention any existing medical conditions like asthma, allergies or diabetes before the ride day.
- Let someone know your plans and when you expect to be back.
- Have all supplies and equipment in your backpack, including:
- Plenty of fresh drinking water
- Snacks and lunch (no shops until Glenbrook)
- Spare tube, puncture repair kit, bike tools etc
- Spare warm clothes
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent
- GPS, first aid, camera and any stuff you usually take on mountain bike ride
It is up to each person to be fully prepared, on time and ready to ride. We cycle as friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We look out for eachother and we are focused on everyone having a safe and enjoyable day.