A relaxing early autumn camping weekend exploring Booderee National Park on the NSW south coast.
Join your Hike Out friends to explore unspoiled beaches, see abundant flora and fauna and witness views from the highest sea cliffs in New South Wales. With the convenience of tent camping just metres from your car, and facilities like flush toilets and hot showers, this trip will suit well prepared people who have basic camping gear.
We have a group space for 20 people at Bristol Point camping area. Hike Out participants will camp both Friday and Saturday night and head home on Sunday afternoon following a fantastic weekend exploring this magnificent area. We’ll plan walks to the park’s beaches, headlands and attractions, with something for everyone regardless of experience or fitness. You might prefer to spend a day on a sandy beach, or visit a seaside village to find a good coffee and some tasty food.
Amenities at the campground include male and female toilets, hot and cold showers, fresh water & wood fireplaces. Barbecues are available, but please bring your own gas cooker as well. Parking is less than 50 metres from our tent sites, however our booking is NOT suitable for vehicle or caravan based camping. Open fires are not permitted at Booderee.
Allow about 3 hours travel time from Sydney CBD. See this Google map for location and route suggestions.
$40.00 per person - Includes 2 nights tent camping and park entry fees
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- Read through this entire event description.
- Contact Rick by email at email@example.com to check availability and request payment details **
- If space available, make EFT payment of $40.00 each person and receive your booking confirmation.
- Travel to meet the group in area 2 at Bristol Point campground on Friday afternoon or evening.
- Let someone know your plans and when you expect to be back.
- Bring all equipment and supplies for near-car tent camping, including;
- Tent and comfortable bedding
- Shelter from the elements. Think about both sun and rain.
- Food for 3 days and 2 nights, cooking gear, utensils, stove and fuel
- Comfy camping chair
- A selection of clothing for various conditions including warm and waterproof items.
- Supplies for making hot drinks
- Snacks and drinks
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, toiletries
- Swimmers and towel
- Hiking gear, footwear and day-pack to join the walks
It is up to each participant to be fully prepared, including organising camping gear and supplies and arranging travel to the campsite. We participate as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this activity.
** Availability will be assessed in the order that emails are received. Putting your name on a social media list or event page does NOT confirm participation. Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org is the way to see about joining this trip.