Enjoy the June long weekend hiking and pack camping along the Six Foot Track from Jenolan Caves to Katoomba in the Blue Mountains.
This adventure will suit fit, well equipped people with previous overnight pack hiking experience. You'll need good hiking and and camping gear and plenty of warm and waterproof clothing. We hike a total of 45 kilometres over 3 days and camp for 2 nights. There are some steep grades to walk and we carry all equipment in our packs.
This trip DOES NOT suit people who are new to hiking and pack camping.
Meet at Katoomba on Saturday morning and catch the 10:35am bus to Jenolan Caves. Enjoy 3 days and 2 nights along the Six Foot Track. Return to Katoomba Monday evening on foot, having completed the entire length of this fantastic 45 km walk.
See the links below for more information and contact Rick with questions about availability, fitness and required equipment.
$67.00 each participant. Includes;
- $45.00 bus fare Katoomba to Jenolan Caves
- $19.96 donation to Hike Out
- $2.04 Paypal fee
- Insurance or public liability cover
- Travel costs to and from Katoomba
- Snacks and incidental costs at Katoomba and Jenolan Caves.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- Have all of the June long weekend free
- Check that you have the required skills and equipment and can get to and from Katoomba
- Contact Rick to check availability and ask questions
- Make payment of $67.00
- by Paypal https://www.paypal.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by EFT. Bank details on request
- Be at Katoomba ready to catch the 10:35am bus
- Let someone know your plans and when you expect to return
- Have all supplies and equipment in your backpack, including;
- Warm and waterproof clothing for winter mountain conditions
- Tent, sleeping mat and good sleeping bag
- Food for 3 days/2 nights, cooking gear, utensils and fuel
- Water and water filtration/treatment equipment
- Supplies for making hot drinks
- Walking poles
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent and a variety of clothing
- Map, compass, GPS, PLB, first aid, camera and all the stuff you usually take on a multi-day hike.
- Friday Night: Black Range Campground
- Saturday Night: Coxs River Campground
It is up to each participant to be fully prepared for the hike. We walk as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We understand that there is no insurance cover provided.
(We walk from Jenolan Caves to Katoomba. Some resources describe the walk in the opposite direction)
- NSW Gov Site: http://www.lpma.nsw.gov.au/about_recreation/walking_tracks/six_foot_track
- Wildwalks: http://www.wildwalks.com/bushwalking-and-hiking-in-nsw/blue-mountains-katoomba/six-foot-track.html
- Blog in 3 parts: http://www.greeniesgonebush.com/2010/08/six-foot-track-jenolan-to-black-range.html