Overnight hike exploring Erskine Creek in Blue Mountains National Park.
Erskine Creek is in the Blue Labyrinth area, accessed from the Glenbrook park entrance. We’ll take our vehicles on well maintained fire trails to the track start.
This hike will suit well equipped, fit and experienced people who have been walking with their pack in preparation. We hike about 15 kilometres over 2 days with some very steep rocky scrambles and off track walking, rock hopping and creek wading. We may need to press through thick scrub and we carry all supplies in our packs.
An enjoyable winter weekend with time to explore creeks, caves and overhangs and camp at a fantastic remote campsite on Saturday night.
Meet at the NPWS park entrance on Bruce Road at Glenbrook ready to depart at 8:30am, convoying in cars to the trackhead at Pisgah Rock carpark on Nepean Lookout Fire Trail.
• No camping fees
• Vehicles: $7 per vehicle per day using coin-operated 'pay and display' machines or an NPWS annual pass.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
• Contact Rick to let him know that you will attend and discuss any concerns regarding fitness or equipment. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Be at the Glenbrook park entrance ready to depart at 8:30am
• Let someone know your plans and when you expect to return
• Have all supplies and equipment in your backpack, including;
- Warm and waterproof clothing for winter mountain conditions
- Tent, sleeping mat and good sleeping bag
- Food for 2 days/1 night, cooking gear, utensils and fuel
- Water and water filtration/treatment equipment
- Supplies for making hot drinks
- Walking poles
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent and a variety of clothing
- Map, compass, GPS, PLB, first aid, camera and all the stuff you usually take on a weekend hike.
It is up to each participant to be fully prepared, on time and ready to hike. We explore as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We understand that there is no insurance cover provided.
1. NPWS: Blue Mountains NP - Glenbrook
2. Bushwalking NSW: http://bushwalkingnsw.com/walk.php?nid=197