An evening with the full moon on North Head in Sydney Harbour National Park.
This trip will suit fit people with recent walking experience and plenty of warm clothing. Limited to 12 participants, this night involves walking about 10 kilometres through the suburban streets of Manly and along established paths and lookouts on North Head and return.
We'll meet at Circular Quay and catch the Manly ferry at 5:30pm. After an informal meal in Manly, we'll walk to North Head and take a leisurely pace along Fairfax Walk stopping to enjoy the views and photo opportunities from the various lookouts and vantage points.
The moon will rise in the east-southeast shortly after 5pm and become completely full at 8:42pm. Anticipate some excellent views from atop the steep cliffs of North Head with stunning views out to sea and back toward the city and eastern suburbs.
Later, we'll walk back to Manly and then catch a late ferry to the city.
Bring warm clothing, a bright head torch and some munchies and drinking water in a daypack. You'll be glad you lugged your fancy photography gear.
$5.00 each participant. Includes;
• $4.57 donation to Hike Out
• $0.43 Paypal fee
• Insurance or public liability cover
• Travel costs to and from Manly
• Take away meal at Manly, snacks and incidental costs
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
• Read through this complete event description.
• Contact Rick (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ask about availability and discuss fitness or equipment.
• Make payment of $5.00
- by Paypal https://www.paypal.com/ to email@example.com
- by EFT. Bank details on request
• Be at Circular Quay to catch the Manly Ferry departing at 5:30pm from wharf 3
• Mention existing medical conditions like asthma, allergies or diabetes before the day.
• Tell someone your plans and when you expect to be back.
• Have a good quality, bright head torch with fresh new batteries
• Wear a selection of toasty warm clothing
• Wear good hiking boots or shoes that are worn in and comfortable
• Bring a light pack loaded with:
- Spare warm clothing, beanie, gloves etc for when we stop hiking.
- A spare backup torch with fresh batteries.
- Fresh drinking water
- Rain jacket
It is up to each participant to be fully prepared, fit and on time for this night. We walk as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity and understand that there is no insurance cover provided.
NPWS - Sydney Harbour National Park
Moonrise, moonset and moon phases - July 2015