Mountain bike ride from Wisemans Ferry including a challenging climb into Parr State Conservation Area and lunch at St Albans.
This is a loop ride totaling 50km. There is a mix of fire trail and quiet road cycling with some steep ascents and descents, sandy sections and a creek crossing. It will suit people with good fitness, intermediate riding skills and a well maintained mountain bike. We’ll stop for lunch at Settlers Arms Inn at St Albans before returning to Wisemans Ferry via Settlers Road. The planned route involves 2 different ferry crossings. We depart on bikes at 10:00am sharp.
• No park use or ferry crossing fees.
• Lunch at St Albans.
• Meet at the cafe/supermarket in Wisemans Ferry.
• See this map for the meeting location and cycling route to St Albans: https://goo.gl/81acnJ
• Unfortunately there is no public transport to Wisemans Ferry.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
• Be at Wisemans Ferry ready to depart on bikes at 10:00am sharp.
• Contact Rick to let him know that you will attend and discuss any concerns regarding fitness or equipment. (email@example.com)
• Let someone know your plans and when you expect to be back.
• Have all supplies and equipment in your backpack, including;
- Plenty of fresh drinking water
- Snacks and lunch if not buying at St Albans
- Spare tube, puncture repair kit, bike tools etc
- Spare warm clothes
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent
- GPS, first aid, camera and any stuff you usually take on a mountain bike ride
It is up to each person to be fully prepared, on time and ready to ride. We cycle as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We look out for each other and are focused on everyone having a safe and enjoyable day.
NPWS - Parr State Conservation Area:
Settlers Arms Inn: http://www.settlersarms.com.au/
This event is planned for members of Mountain Bike Adventure Meet Up and members of Hike Out, the friendly, diverse and inclusive community of outdoor enthusiasts where everyone is always welcome. Find out more at http://www.meetup.com/Mountain-Bike-Adventure/ and http://www.hikeout.org/