A full day exploring a section of the Great North Walk in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park.
This day will suit people with good fitness and recent walking experience. We hike 14 kilometres in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, with a lunch break along the way. The day will include some solid climbs and descents on roughly formed walking track. We start and finish our day with the convenience of train stations.
This is a popular section of the Great North Walk from Cowan to the Hawkesbury River at Brooklyn. We’ll visit Jerusalem Bay and Brooklyn Dam before arriving at the Hawkesbury River in the afternoon.
This event will NOT suit people brand new to hiking, or those who have not been doing some long walks in preparation. Please consider this walk medium difficulty.
Meet your Hike Out friends at Cowan train station, ready to leave on foot at 10:00am. The train leaving Central at 8:45am arrives in Cowan at 9:36am. In the afternoon, trains leave Hawkesbury River Station toward the city every hour from 3:37pm.
See the links below for more information and contact Rick to ask questions and discuss fitness and equipment.
$5.00 each participant. Includes;
• $4.57 donation to Hike Out
• $0.43 Paypal fee
• Insurance or public liability cover
• Travel costs
• Snacks, lunch and incidental costs
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
• Check that you have the required fitness and equipment and can travel to Cowan.
• Contact Rick (email@example.com) to discuss fitness or equipment. Mention any existing medical conditions like asthma, allergies or diabetes before the day.
• Make payment of $5.00
- by Paypal https://www.paypal.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by EFT. Bank details on request
• Be at Cowan Station ready to depart on foot at 10:00am sharp.
• Wear clothing appropriate for the day’s weather forecast.
• Wear hiking boots or trail shoes that are worn in and comfortable and NOT brand new!
• Consider using hiking poles
• Let someone know your plans and when you expect to return
• Bring a day-pack loaded with:
- Selection of spare clothing, warm jacket etc.
- Plenty of fresh drinking water (minimum 2 litres)
- Lunch supplies and trail snacks
- Hat, sunscreen, rain poncho
- First aid, camera, medications and any other items you usually take on hiking days.
It is up to each participant to be fully prepared, fit and on time for the hike. We walk as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We understand that there is no insurance cover provided.
3. Great North Walk: