Mountain bike ride with a mix of firetrail and single track in Royal National Park.
Starting at Loftus Oval, this is a circuit of about 28 km with a mix of fire trail and single track sections. There are some steep ascents and descents that will suit people with good fitness, intermediate riding skills and a well maintained mountain bike. We depart on bikes at 9:30am sharp.
• No park use fees starting from Loftus Oval.
Loftus Oval. See this map for the meeting location and our cycle route: https://goo.gl/WykoH4
Arrange carpooling to Loftus Oval, or catch the train and cycle to the start from a nearby station.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
• Be at Loftus Oval ready to depart on bikes at 9:30am sharp.
• Contact Rick to let him know that you will attend and discuss any concerns regarding fitness or equipment. (email@example.com)
• Let someone know your plans and when you expect to be back.
• Have supplies and equipment in your backpack, including;
- Plenty of fresh drinking water and snacks
- Spare tube, puncture repair kit, bike tools etc
- Spare warm clothes
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent
- GPS, first aid, camera and any stuff you usually take on a mountain bike ride
It is up to each person to be fully prepared, on time and ready to ride. We cycle as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We look out for each other and we are focused on everyone having a safe and enjoyable day.
NPWS - Loftus Loop Trail
NPWS Brochure - Cycling in Royal National Park
This event is planned for members of Mountain Bike Adventure Meet Up and Hike Out, the friendly, diverse and inclusive community of outdoor enthusiasts where everyone is always welcome. Find out more at http://www.meetup.com/Mountain-Bike-Adventure/ and http://www.hikeout.org/