Early spring hiking weekend, exploring Ruined Castle, Mount Solitary, Kedumba River and more in Blue Mountains National Park.
This challenging adventure will suit fit people who have been walking with their pack in preparation. We travel about 20 kilometres over 2 days, including some steep, rocky scrambles and tricky loose scree descents, with a river crossing and long climb out to Wentworth Falls. We carry all supplies in our packs including plenty of drinking water and stay Saturday night in a beautiful remote campsite atop Mount Solitary.
Hikers will participate in a car-shuffle leaving vehicles at both the start and finish of this walk.
Meet at Queen Victoria Nursing Home, Tableland Road, Wentworth Falls ready to depart at 8:30am Saturday. We will leave some vehicles at this location and travel in others to the start of the hike at Golden Stairs carpark, Glenraphael Drive, Katoomba.
To participate, send an email to Rick (email@example.com). Expect to have a discussion prior to joining the hike, particularly if you have not previously been on trips with Hike Out. Putting your name on a list on social media does NOT confirm attendance! Event numbers limited.
See the links below for further information.
• No camping or park use fees
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
• Follow the instructions to reserve your spot. Email only.
• Be at Queen Victoria Nursing Home in Wentworth Falls ready to depart at 8:30am
• Let someone know your plans and when you expect to be back.
• Have all supplies and equipment in your backpack, including;
- Warm and waterproof clothing
- Tent, sleeping mat and good sleeping bag
- Food for 2 days/1 night, cooking gear, utensils and fuel
- Drinking water and water filtration/treatment equipment
- Supplies for making hot drinks
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent and a variety of clothing
- Map, compass, GPS, PLB, first aid, camera, and all the equipment and supplies that you usually take on a remote hike of this nature.
PLANNED CAMPING LOCATION:
Saturday: Chinamans Gully - Mount Solitary
It is up to each person to be fully prepared, fit and on time for this adventure. We explore as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We understand that there is no insurance cover provided.
1. Bushwalking NSW - Mt Solitary Traverse
Event photo by Rhys Pope