Head north of Sydney for a weekend of hiking and beachside camping.
This weekend adventure will suit fit people with recent hiking experience. We walk a total around 30 kilometres Friday through Sunday, including some challenging ascents and descents on roughly formed walking track. Our base at Tallow Beach requires a walk 1.2 kilometres each way from the carpark. All camping gear, equipment and drinking water must be carried.
Meet at Tallow Beach Campground during Friday afternoon or evening. On Friday, explore around Box Head, Little Tallow Beach and relax and swim at the long, sandy stretch of Tallow Beach.
On Saturday, join the Hike Out day trip Bouddi Coastal Circuit, a full day, 15klm circuit walk departing from nearby Putty Beach. After a day with the Hike Out crew, return to our basecamp to relax and swim.
On Sunday, pack up at Tallow Beach and travel to join the Hike Out day trip Jerusalem Bay, a full day, 13klm walk between Cowan and Hawkesbury River in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park.
Tallow Beach is a fuel-stove only area. Wood fires are not permitted at the campground or on the beach. Space is booked for small, single person hiking tents. If you are two people, you could choose a modest-size 2 person tent instead.Treat this like a pack-camping trip, as all equipment must be carried in and out.
There is no public transport to Tallow Beach. Arrange a seat in someone's car prior to booking your space.
To participate, send an email to Rick (email@example.com). Discuss fitness, equipment and recent experience. Note that putting your name on a social media list does NOT confirm attendance. Numbers are limited.
Read all of this event description and follow links to further information about the difficulty of the two day trips and the campground rules at Tallow Beach.
$35.00 each participant. Includes;
• Camping Friday 11 and Saturday 12
• Confirmed space for Bouddi Coastal Circuit day trip - Saturday 12
• Confirmed space for Jerusalem Bay day trip - Sunday 13
• Donation to Hike Out
• Paypal fee
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
• Follow instructions to reserve your spot. Email only.
• If space is available, make payment by Paypal or bank transfer to secure your spot
• On Friday afternoon or evening, make your way to Tallow Beach carpark and walk in with your gear to the campsite.
• Let someone know your plans and when you expect to be back.
• Have all supplies and equipment in your backpack, including;
- Warm and waterproof clothing
- Tent, sleeping mat and good sleeping bag
- Daypack, gear and supplies for both day walks
- Food for 2 nights, cooking gear, utensils and fuel
- Drinking water and water filtration/treatment equipment
- Supplies for making hot drinks
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent and a variety of clothing
- Map, compass, GPS, PLB, first aid, camera, and all the equipment and supplies that you usually take on adventures of this nature.
PLANNED CAMPING LOCATIONS:
Friday & Saturday: NPWS Tallow Beach Campground - Bouddi National Park
It is up to each person to be fully prepared, on time and ready for this adventure. We explore as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We watch out for each other and focus on everyone having a safe and enjoyable trip. We understand that there is no insurance cover provided.
1. NPWS - Tallow Beach Campground
2. Hike Out Day Trip - Bouddi Coastal Circuit
3. Hike Out Day Trip - Jerusalem Bay
4. Wildwalks - Box Head Track
5. NPWS - Bouddi National Park