A full day exploring along the coast of Bouddi National Park
This day will suit people with good fitness and recent walking experience. We hike 15 kilometres in Bouddi National Park, with lunch break along the way. The day will include some solid climbs and descents on roughly formed walking track. We start and finish at Putty Beach picnic area near Killcare.
Starting with a climb onto the ridge and walking north to Little Beach, we’ll return south along the coastline past beaches, headlands and lookouts to complete our circuit back at Putty Beach. With decent weather, there will be opportunity to swim at Little Beach and Maitland Bay.
This event will NOT suit people new to hiking, or those who have not been doing some long walks in preparation. Please consider the walk medium difficulty.
Meet your Hike Out friends at Putty Beach picnic area, ready to leave on foot at 9:00am. There is no public transport to Putty Beach, so organise a seat in someone’s car prior to booking your space.
This day is also part of a larger hiking and camping weekend. See: http://www.hikeout.org/events/2016/11/11/central-coastie
Check the links for more information and contact Rick (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ask questions, discuss fitness & equipment and to check availability. Note that putting your name on a list on Facebook or Meetup does NOT confirm attendance! Email only. Event numbers are limited.
$5.00 each participant. Includes;
• $4.57 donation to Hike Out
• $0.43 Paypal fee
• Insurance or public liability cover
• $8.00 vehicle entry fee at Putty Beach (or use annual NPWS vehicle pass)
• Travel costs
• Snacks, lunch and incidental costs
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
• Check that you have the required fitness and equipment and can travel to Putty Beach.
• Contact Rick (email@example.com) to discuss fitness and equipment. Mention existing medical conditions like asthma, allergies or diabetes before the day.
• Make payment of $5.00
- by Paypal https://www.paypal.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by EFT. Bank details on request
• Be at Putty Beach picnic area, ready to depart on foot at 9:00am sharp.
• Wear clothing appropriate for the day’s weather forecast.
• Wear hiking boots or trail shoes that are worn in and comfortable and NOT brand new!
• Consider using hiking poles
• Let someone know your plans and when you expect to return
• Bring a daypack loaded with:
- Selection of spare clothing, warm jacket etc.
- Plenty of fresh drinking water (minimum 2 litres)
- Lunch supplies and trail snacks
- Hat, sunscreen, rain poncho
- Swimmers and towel if you plan to swim
- First aid, camera, medications and any other items you usually take on hiking days.
It is up to each participant to be fully prepared, fit and on time for the hike. We walk as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We understand that no insurance cover is provided.
2. NPWS - Bouddi Coastal Walk
3. NPWS - Bouddi National Park