Overnight hike exploring along Erskine Creek in Blue Mountains National Park.
Erskine Creek is in the Blue Labyrinth section of the park, accessed from Glenbrook. After meeting, we’ll take our vehicles along well maintained fire trails to the track start.
This overnight hike will suit fit, well equipped people who have been walking with their pack in preparation. We hike about 15 kilometres over 2 days with some very steep rocky scrambles and off track walking, rock hopping and creek wading. We may need to press through thick scrub and must carry all supplies in our packs, including plenty of fresh drinking water.
With decent weather we’ll enjoy a swim and explore creeks, caves and overhangs, camping Saturday in a small creekside clearing.
Meet at the NPWS park entrance on Bruce Road at Glenbrook, ready to depart at 8:30am. We’ll then convoy in cars to the trackhead at Pisgah Rock carpark on Nepean Lookout Fire Trail.
Note that putting your name on a list on Facebook or Meetup does NOT confirm attendance! Email only. Event numbers are limited.
• No camping fees
• Vehicles: $8 each day using coin-operated 'pay and display' machines or an annual NPWS pass.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
• Contact Rick by email (email@example.com) to check availability, discuss fitness and equipment and secure your space.
• Be at the Glenbrook park entrance ready to depart at 8:30am
• Let someone know your plans and when you expect to return
• Have all supplies and equipment in your backpack, including;
- Warm and waterproof clothing
- Tent, sleeping mat and good sleeping bag
- Food for 2 days/1 night, cooking gear, utensils and fuel
- Fresh drinking water and water filtration/treatment equipment
- Swimmers and towel
- Supplies for making hot drinks
- Walking poles
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent and a variety of clothing
- Map, compass, GPS, PLB, first aid, camera and all the stuff you usually take on a weekend hike.
It is up to each participant to be fully prepared, on time and ready to hike. We explore as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We understand that there is no insurance cover provided.
1. NPWS: Blue Mountains NP - Glenbrook
2. Bushwalking NSW:
This event is planned for members of Hike Out, the friendly, diverse and inclusive community of outdoor enthusiasts where everyone is always welcome. Find out more at http://www.hikeout.org