A full day in kayaks, exploring the bays and beaches of Pittwater.
This trip will suit people with good fitness and upper body strength. Starting and finishing at Bayview, we'll paddle at least 12 kilometres and possibly up to 24 kilometres over the day. Contact Rick to ask about a spot including kayak hire, or grab a place for people with their own gear. No paddling experience is required, however all participants must be able to swim and be in reasonably fit condition.
We'll keep a fluid plan, perhaps heading around Scotland Island to Towler's Bay for morning tea and then north toward Portuguese Bay Beach and possibly as far as The Basin. Whatever happens, there's plenty of options for a great day on the water.
Travel to meet the Hike Out crew at Paddlecraft Kayaks in Bayview on Sydney's Northern Beaches. Fill cars with friendly participants for the trip. See this map: https://goo.gl/vDv2Ps
• Seat in double kayak - $50.00 per person - Limit of 10 people
• Seat in single kayak - $75.00 per person - Limit of 4 people
• BYO gear - $5.00 per person - Limit of 6 people
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
• Read through this complete event description.
• Contact Rick by email (email@example.com) to ask about availability and request payment info. We have 5 double and 4 single sit-on-top kayaks and spots for 6 people with their own gear. The maximum number of participants is 20.
• If the booking you'd like is available, make payment and receive a booking confirmation.
• Travel to meet the group at 8:00am on Saturday morning at Bayview.
• Let someone know your plans and when you expect to be back.
• Bring food, water and clothing considering;
- Plenty of fresh drinking water. 3-4 litres
- Food, including lunch supplies and snacks
- Hat, sunglasses, change of clothes and sunscreen
- Swimmers, small towel
- Camera (waterproof)
- Dry-bag or large plastic bag to keep your stuff dry
It is up to each participant to be fully prepared, on time and ready for this trip. We participate as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this activity.
Availability will be assessed in the order that email is received. To give everyone a chance to participate, please limit your request to 1 or 2 people. Putting your name on a social media list or clicking yes on an event page does not confirm participation. Sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org is the way to express your interest in participating.
NPWS - Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
NPWS - The Basin Picnic Area
This event is planned for members of Hike Out, the friendly, diverse and inclusive community of outdoor enthusiasts where everyone is always welcome. Find out more at http://www.hikeout.org/