An evening of social, indoor climbing for everyone, including beginners and those wanting to build skills and strength.
Suitable for people with basic fitness, everyone is welcome to attend. Whether a complete beginner, or regular climber, this is an excellent event to build strength, confidence and skills for Hike Out trips involving scrambling, climbing and heights.
People new to the gym at St Peters will complete some paperwork on arrival. Those new to climbing will receive a safety demonstration and learn how to safely belay your climbing partner. Some regular indoor climbers will be part of the Hike Out crew on the day.
After our time at the climbing centre, we’ll head to Newtown and enjoy a meal.
Travel to meet the Hike Out crew at Sydney Indoor Climbing Gym in St Peters. See this map: https://goo.gl/maps/1fUp8y7vdox
$20.00 each person. Includes:
• $16.00 Indoor climbing group rate (climbing harness included)
• $3.18 Donation to Hike Out
• $0.82 Paypal fee
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
• Contact Rick (firstname.lastname@example.org) to check on availability and ask questions.
• Mention existing medical conditions like asthma, allergies or diabetes before the day.
• If space is available, make payment of $20.00 each person;
- by Paypal https://www.paypal.com/ to email@example.com
- by EFT. Bank details on request
• Be at St Peters ready to start at 5:30pm
• Wear comfortable grippy shoes, like trail runners, or hire specialist climbing shoes (extra cost)
• Bring your climbing harness and gear (if any)
• Bring water and snacks, or buy onsite.
• Bring money for a drink and meal after our climb.
It is up to each person to be fully prepared, on time and ready to climb. We gather as a group of friends, each accepting the personal risks involved with this activity.
Putting your name on a social media list does not confirm participation. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
Sydney Indoor Climbing Gym:
Climbing Grades and Conversion Tables:
This event is planned for members of Hike Out, the friendly, diverse and inclusive community of outdoor enthusiasts where everyone is always welcome. Find out more at http://www.hikeout.org/