A full day exploring the Newnes Plateau, including the Glow Worm Tunnel and Dry Canyon.
This day will suit people with reasonable fitness who have been doing recent walking in preparation. We hike about 9 kilometres in Wollemi National Park, with lunch break along our route. The day will include some moderate ascents and descents on roughly formed walking track and a long dark section of tunnel where torches are required. At the end of Dry Canyon, we’ll enjoy fantastic views over the Wolgan Valley.
This event will NOT suit people brand new to bushwalking, or those who have not been doing some recent long walks.
Meet the Hike Out crew at Clarence NSW. We meet in the car park of the old Zig Zag Railway, corner Chifley and Old Bells Line Of Road, ready to depart in vehicles at 9:30am sharp. We then travel in our vehicles several kilometres on unsealed road to our walking locations. There is no public transport to the meeting spot or walking locations, so offer a lift to people without a car. See map of meeting location: https://goo.gl/maps/ZFUzYsvMnbt
Read through all of this event description, then follow links to more information about the Glow Worm Tunnel and Dry Canyon. To participate, send an email to Rick (email@example.com) Putting your name on a social media list does not confirm attendance.
$5.00 each participant. Includes;
• $4.57 Donation to Hike Out
• $0.43 Paypal fee
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
• Check that you have the required fitness and equipment and can get to Clarence by private vehicle.
• Contact Rick (firstname.lastname@example.org) by email to check on availability, discuss fitness and equipment and to secure your spot.
• If space is available, make payment of $5.00
- by Paypal https://www.paypal.com to email@example.com
- by EFT. Bank details on request
• Mention existing medical conditions like asthma, allergies or diabetes before the day.
• Be at at the meeting location ready to depart in vehicles at 9:30am sharp.
• Let someone know your plans and when you expect to be back.
• Wear clothing appropriate for the day’s weather forecast.
• Wear hiking boots or trail shoes that are worn in and comfortable and NOT brand new!
• Consider using hiking poles
• Bring a daypack loaded with:
- Head torch with fresh batteries
- Selection of spare clothing, warm jacket etc.
- Plenty of fresh drinking water
- Lunch supplies and trail snacks
- Hat, sunscreen, rain poncho
- First aid, camera, medications and any other items you usually take on hiking days.
It is up to each person to be fully prepared, on time and ready to hike. We walk as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We watch out for each other and we are focused on everyone having a safe and enjoyable day. We understand that no insurance cover is provided.
Wildwalks - Glow Worm Tunnel Walk
Track Notes - Dry Canyon
This event is planned for members of Hike Out, the friendly, diverse and inclusive community of outdoor enthusiasts where everyone is always welcome. Find out more at http://www.hikeout.org/