A full day hiking in the Blue Mountains including the Grand Canyon, Cliff Top and Pope’s Glen tracks.
This day will suit people with good fitness who have done recent long walks in preparation. We hike a total of 16 kilometres in Blue Mountains National Park with lunch along our route. The day includes steep ascents and descents on roughly formed walking track and stone steps. We start and finish at Blackheath Station, enjoying a lunch break along our route.
This event will NOT suit people brand new to bushwalking or those who have not walked a similar 16klm distance recently.
Meet your Hike Out friends at Blackheath Station ready to depart on foot at 9:45am sharp. We hike a large circuit of 16 kilometres, including some challenging descents and climbs, before returning to Blackheath Station in the late afternoon. The train leaving Central at 7:22am arrives at Blackheath Station at 9:36am. In the afternoon, trains depart for the city at 14 minutes past each hour.
Read through all of this event description, then follow links to more information about our walk plans and the difficulty of the route. To participate, send an email to Rick (firstname.lastname@example.org) and note that putting your name on a social media list does not confirm attendance.
$5.00 each participant. Includes;
• $4.57 Donation to Hike Out
• $0.43 Paypal fee
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
• Check that you have the required fitness and equipment and can get to Blackheath.
• Contact Rick (email@example.com) by email to check on availability, discuss fitness and equipment and to secure your spot.
• If space is available, make payment of $5.00
- by Paypal https://www.paypal.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by EFT. Bank details on request
• Mention existing medical conditions like asthma, allergies or diabetes before the day.
• Be at at the meeting location ready to depart at 9:45am sharp.
• Let someone know your plans and when you expect to be back.
• Wear clothing appropriate for the day’s weather forecast.
• Wear hiking boots or trail shoes that are worn in and comfortable and NOT brand new!
• Consider using hiking poles
• Bring a daypack loaded with:
- Selection of spare clothing, warm jacket etc.
- Plenty of fresh drinking water
- Lunch supplies and trail snacks
- Hat, sunscreen, rain poncho
- First aid, camera, medications and any other items you usually take on hiking days.
It is up to each person to be fully prepared, on time and ready to hike. We walk as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We watch out for each other and we are focused on everyone having a safe and enjoyable day. We understand that no insurance cover is provided.
Wildwalks: (Describes full route)
Bushwalking NSW: (Describes Grand Canyon Track section)
NPWS: (Describes Grand Canyon Track section)
Event photo by Damien Seidel: https://www.flickr.com/photos/damo89/