Celebrate the arrival of spring with a big pack-camping weekend exploring Ruined Castle, Mount Solitary and Kedumba River.
This challenging adventure will suit fit people with recent pack-hiking experience. We travel 20 kilometres over 2 days, including very steep, rocky scrambles and tricky loose scree descents. There is a river crossing and long pack haul on steep fire-trail up to Wentworth Falls to finish. We carry all supplies in our packs including plenty of drinking water and stay Saturday night in a remote campsite on Mount Solitary.
Meet Saturday at Queen Victoria Nursing Home, Tableland Road, Wentworth Falls ready to depart in charter van at 7:30am sharp. We travel by van to the track head at Golden Stairs carpark, Glenraphael Drive, Katoomba. On Sunday afternoon, return on foot to Queen Victoria Nursing Home where you have left your vehicle.
To participate, send an email to Rick (email@example.com). Discuss fitness, equipment and recent experience. Note that putting your name on a social media list does NOT confirm attendance. Numbers are limited.
Read all of this event description then follow links to further information about the hike route and difficulty.
$20.00 each participant. Includes;
• Charter van - Wentworth Falls to Golden Stairs carpark.
• Donation to Hike Out
• Paypal fee
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
• Follow instructions to reserve your spot. Email only.
• If space available, make payment by Paypal or bank transfer to secure your spot.
• Be at Queen Victoria Nursing Home in Wentworth Falls, park your car and be ready to depart in charter van at 7:30am sharp
• Let someone know your plans and when you expect to be back.
• Have all supplies and equipment in your backpack, including;
- Warm and waterproof clothing
- Tent, sleeping mat and good sleeping bag
- Food for 2 days/1 night, cooking gear, utensils and fuel
- Drinking water and water filtration/treatment equipment
- Supplies for making hot drinks
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent and a variety of clothing
- Map, compass, GPS, PLB, first aid, camera, and all the equipment and supplies that you usually take on a remote hike of this nature.
PLANNED CAMPING LOCATION:
Saturday: Chinamans Gully - Mount Solitary
It is up to each person to be fully prepared, on time and ready to hike. We walk as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We watch out for each other and are focused on everyone having a safe and enjoyable trip. We understand that there is no insurance cover provided.
1. Bushwalking NSW - Mt Solitary Traverse