Note: This event was rescheduled from 11 February due to closure of walking track due to hot weather.
A full day walking to Jerusalem Bay in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park for a picnic lunch, swim and high rock jump.
This day will suit people with reasonable fitness and recent walking experience. We hike about 6 kilometres in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park to Jerusalem Bay and return to enjoy a picnic lunch, swim and if you’re brave, a massive jump into water from a high rock ledge. The day will include some solid climbs and descents on roughly formed walking track. We start and finish at Cowan train station.
This is a small section of the Great North Walk from Cowan toward the Hawkesbury River. We’ll visit Jerusalem Bay and return to Cowan in the afternoon. With decent weather, there will be opportunity to explore around Jerusalem Bay, enjoy a swim or take a leap off a high rock ledge.
Meet your Hike Out friends at Cowan train station, ready to leave on foot at 10:00am. The train leaving Central 8:45am arrives Cowan 9:35am. In the afternoon, trains leave Cowan Station toward the city at forty seven minutes past each hour. Note: Cowan has a short platform. Leave the train at Cowan from the rear 4 carriages only.
Check the links for more information and contact Rick (email@example.com) to ask questions, discuss fitness & equipment and to check availability. Note that putting your name on a list on Facebook or Meetup does NOT confirm attendance! Email only. Event numbers are limited.
$5.00 each participant. Includes;
• $4.57 donation to Hike Out
• $0.43 Paypal fee
• Insurance or public liability cover
• Travel costs
• Snacks, lunch and incidental costs
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
• Check that you have the required fitness and equipment and can travel to Cowan.
• Contact Rick (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss fitness or equipment. Mention existing medical conditions like asthma, allergies or diabetes before the day.
• Make payment of $5.00
- by Paypal https://www.paypal.com to email@example.com
- by EFT. Bank details on request
• Be at Cowan Station ready to depart on foot at 10:00am sharp.
• Wear clothing appropriate for the day’s weather forecast.
• Wear boots or trail shoes that are worn in and comfortable and NOT brand new!
• Let someone know your plans and when you expect to return
• Bring a daypack loaded with:
- Selection of spare clothing, warm jacket etc.
- Plenty of fresh drinking water (minimum 2 litres)
- Lunch supplies and snacks
- Hat, sunscreen, rain poncho
- Swimmers and towel if you plan to swim
- First aid, camera, medications and any other items you usually take on hiking days.
It is up to each participant to be fully prepared, fit and on time for the day. We participate as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We understand that no insurance cover is provided.
SPECIAL NOTE: The decision to jump off the high rock ledge at Jerusalem Bay is yours and yours alone. There is the risk of minor to serious and permanent injury from a high jump into water that does not go as planned.
3. youTube Video - Jerusalem Bay Rock Leap