Three days exploring the coast south of Eden in Ben Boyd National Park.
Walk the thirty one kilometres of coastline between Green Cape Lighthouse in the south and Boyd’s Tower to the north. Spend 3 days in the company of the ocean, exploring heathland and forest, sheltered coves and towering rock platforms. Bring gear and supplies for two nights of pack-camping at undeveloped campsites enroute.
This hike will suit fit, well equipped people who have been walking with their pack in preparation. We hike a total of 31 kilometres over 3 days with some rocky scrambles and off track walking, rock hopping and creek wading. Planned at a moderate pace, there should be time for swimming, beachcombing, photography and exploring side tracks and lookouts.
There is no public transport to the start or finish of this walk, each separated by a 45 minute drive. Each person must participate in a car-shuttle leaving private vehicles at both the start and finish. Arrange your vehicle in the car shuttle before anything else.
The town of Eden is a 6 hour drive south of Sydney, via Canberra and Cooma.
Having completed the car shuttle, gather at Green Cape Lighthouse, ready to depart on foot at 10:00am. Note that putting your name on a list on Facebook or Meetup does NOT confirm attendance! Email only. Event numbers are limited.
• Bush campsites - no fees
• Vehicles: $8.00/day or an annual NPWS pass.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
• Contact Rick by email (email@example.com) to check availability and to discuss the car shuttle and your fitness and equipment.
• Be at Green Cape Lighthouse ready to depart at 10:00am
• Let someone know your plans and when you expect to return
• Have all supplies and equipment in your backpack, including;
- Warm and waterproof clothing
- Tent, sleeping mat and good sleeping bag
- Food for 3 days/2 nights, cooking gear, utensils and fuel
- Fresh drinking water and water filtration/treatment equipment
- Swimmers and towel
- Supplies for making hot drinks
- Walking poles
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent and a variety of clothing
- Map, compass, GPS, PLB, first aid, camera and all the stuff you usually take on a weekend hike.
It is up to each participant to be fully prepared, on time and ready to hike. We explore as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We understand that there is no insurance cover provided.
1. NPWS: Ben Boyd National Park
2. NPWS: Light To Light Walk:
3. Trip Report: (Described travelling north, pack camping at bush campsites)
4. Wildwalks: (Described travelling south, staying at established campgrounds)
5. YouTube Video: Light To Light Walk - Part 1