Enjoy a late autumn walk in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, including lunch break at Apple Tree Bay.
This hike will suit people with moderate fitness, who have been doing some distance walking in preparation. We hike a total of 11 kilometres around Cowan Creek with lunch at Apple Tree Bay. The day will include some steep climbs and descents on roughly formed walking track and rocky steps. We start and finish with the convenience of train stations.
This event will NOT suit people brand new to bushwalking or those who have not walked a similar distance recently.
Meet your Hike Out friends on the grass lawn outside Berowra Train Station ready to depart on foot at 10:45am. We hike 7klm along the Berowra Track to Apple Tree Bay for a lunch break by the water, before climbing 4klm on Mt Kuring-gai track to finish the day at Mt Kuring-gai Train Station.
The train leaving Central at 9:45am arrives Berowra at 10:31am. Berowra has a short platform, so board one of the rear 6 carriages to alight at Berowra. In the afternoon, trains depart from Mt Kuringai Station toward the city every 30 minutes.
Read all event details, then follow the links to more information. Putting your name on a social media list does not confirm attendance. Follow the instructions to participate.
$5.00 each participant. Includes;
• $4.57 Donation to Hike Out
• $0.43 Paypal fee
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
• Check that you have the required fitness and equipment and can get to Berowra.
• Contact Rick (email@example.com) to check on availability and discuss fitness and equipment. Mention existing medical conditions like asthma, allergies or diabetes before the day.
• If space is available, make payment of $5.00
- by Paypal https://www.paypal.com/ to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by EFT. Bank details on request
• Be at at the meeting location ready to depart at 10:45am sharp.
• Let someone know your plans and when you expect to be back.
• Wear clothing appropriate for the day’s weather forecast.
• Wear hiking boots or trail shoes that are worn in and comfortable and NOT brand new!
• Consider using hiking poles
• Bring a daypack loaded with:
- Selection of spare clothing, warm jacket etc.
- Plenty of fresh drinking water
- Lunch supplies and trail snacks
- Hat, sunscreen, rain poncho
- First aid, camera, medications and any other items you usually take on hiking days.
It is up to each person to be fully prepared, on time and ready to hike. We walk as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We watch out for each other and focus on everyone having a safe and enjoyable day. We understand that no insurance cover is provided.
There is a kiosk/cafe at Apple Tree Flat which is usually open on weekends and offers hot and cold drinks, ice creams and some hot food.
Map of planned route:
Wildwalks (includes most of our route):