Enjoy a cycle along the river from Parramatta through Meadowbank, Rhodes and Olympic Park.
From Parramatta Station, this is a circuit ride of about 30 km on mostly shared pathway. We travel the Parramatta Valley Cycleway to Meadowbank, then cross to Rhodes and Wentworth Point, before returning to Parramatta via Olympic Park and the Duck River Cycleway below the M4 Motorway.
Travel is mostly on easy, enjoyable, shared pathway, however there are a few sections of on-road travel and some gentle hills and descents to work those legs.
We’ll visit a cafe at Wentworth Point before cycling back to Parramatta.
• No fees
Meet at the bike shed, east concourse at Parramatta Train Station. Nearest cross street Station Street East and Hassall Street, ready to depart on cycles at 7:30am
Train departing Central 6:59am arrives Parramatta 7:29am
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
• Be at Parramatta Station ready to depart on bikes at 7:30am sharp.
• Contact Rick to let him know that you will attend and discuss any concerns regarding fitness or equipment. (email@example.com)
• Let someone know your plans and when you expect to be back.
• Have supplies and equipment in your backpack, including;
- Cycle helmet, gloves, eye protection
- Plenty of fresh drinking water and snacks
- Spare tube, puncture repair kit, bike tools etc
- Spare warm clothes
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Hat, sunscreen, insect repellent
- GPS, first aid, camera and any stuff you usually take on ride.
It is up to each person to be fully prepared, on time and ready to ride. We cycle as a group of friends each accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We look out for each other and we are focused on everyone having a safe and enjoyable day.
City Of Parramatta - Cycling Info
Sydney Olympic Park - Cycling
RMS NSW - Cycleway Finder
Transport for NSW - Map of Parramatta Station