A full day exploring along the Coast Track from Bundeena and relaxing at Little Marley Beach.
This day will suit people with good fitness and recent walking experience. We hike a total of 14 kilometres in Royal National Park, with a lunch break at Marley or Little Marley Beach. The day will include some solid climbs and descents on roughly formed walking track. We start and finish at Cronulla train station and take the ferry across Port Hacking to Bundeena and back.
Explore cliffs, beaches and escarpments and enjoy ocean views from the magnificent coastline. With decent weather, there’ll be opportunity for a beach swim at Little Marley, however the beach is remote and not patrolled.
Bring plenty of drinking water! There are no guaranteed water sources along the route and conditions could be hot. Bring lunch, snacks and sun protection.
Travel to meet the Hike Out crew at Cronulla train station. We’ll depart at 9:15am and walk to catch the ferry departing 9:30am.
Read through the complete event details, then follow links to more information. To participate, send an email to Rick (firstname.lastname@example.org) and note that putting your name on a social media list does not confirm attendance. Numbers are limited.
$20.00 each participant. Includes;
• $6.80 Ferry to Bundeena
• $6.80 Ferry to Cronulla
• $5.58 donation to Hike Out
• $0.82 Paypal fee
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
• Check that you have the required fitness and equipment and can travel to Cronulla Station.
• Contact Rick (email@example.com) to discuss fitness and equipment. Mention existing medical conditions like asthma, allergies or diabetes before the day.
• Make payment of $20.00
- by Paypal https://www.paypal.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by EFT. Bank details on request
• Be at Cronulla Station ready to depart on foot at 9:15am sharp.
• Wear clothing appropriate for the day’s weather forecast.
• Wear hiking boots or trail shoes that are worn in and comfortable and NOT brand new!
• Consider using hiking poles
• Let someone know your plans and when you expect to return
• Bring a daypack loaded with:
- Selection of spare clothing, warm jacket etc.
- Plenty of fresh drinking water (minimum 2 litres)
- Lunch supplies and trail snacks
- Hat, sunscreen, rain poncho
- Swimmers and small towel
- First aid, camera, medications and any other items you usually take on hiking days.
It is up to each participant to be fully prepared, fit and on time for the hike. We walk as a group of friends accepting the personal risks involved with this type of activity. We understand that no insurance cover is provided.
1. Wildwalks - Bundeena to Little Marley Beach
2. NPWS Royal National Park
3. Bundeena Ferry
Event photo by Cate O’Donnell https://www.flickr.com/photos/cate2505/
This event is planned for members of Hike Out, the friendly, diverse and inclusive community of outdoor enthusiasts where everyone is always welcome. Find out more at https://www.hikeout.org/